Friday, February 26, 2016

Allsvenske star stopped by heart – Aftonbladet

A congenital heart defect is detected at IFK Norrköping Alhaji Kamara; 21.

Cardiac error indicates a high risk of sudden cardiac death during exertion, and now KAMARAS career to be over. He will not play any football in 2016.

– I’ll be strong and fight my way through this, he says.

All Allsvenskan player biennially ECG tests to detect heart defects. The IFK Norrköping has not given anything rash.
But when the team did an enlarged cardiac evaluation, which is mandatory before the Champions League game, the shock came.

The striker, Alhaji Kamara from Sierra Leone, has an unusual deviation of the coronary arteries, which results in a high risk of sudden cardiac death during maximum exertion. All experts IFK Norrkoping have been in contact with discourages continued football.

– It’s frustrating. Nothing I had expected and certainly not how I wanted it to stop. I think everyone who has seen me play, during my time here in IFK Norrkoping, have seen me as a very healthy and full of energy person. I’ll be strong and fight my way through this, says Alhaji Kamara to IFK Norrköping website.

Investigations are now planned to determine what risks an operation would entail. Alhaji Kamara will not play any football in 2016.

– We are obviously saddened by the news. Considering the seriousness of the situation we see in the first place to Alhajis health, and thus we are grateful to the state discovered. Although we are very sorry to Alhaji can not play, then health always comes first, says IFK Norrköping manager Janne Andersson.

Alhaji Kamara arrived at IFK Norrkoping in 2014, and made last year, 14 games and six goals for the club.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment