Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Di María clear of Manchester United – Aftonbladet

Ángel di María, 26, is ready for Manchester United.

The star midfielder is said to cost United SEK 686 million – thus he becomes the most expensive Premier League recruitment of all time .

– United is the only club I could leave Real for, said Angel di Maria to United’s website.

It has been going on for some weeks.

Now it’s confirmed: Ángel di María, 26, is ready for Manchester United.

The Argentina star midfielder was featured on the club’s website on Tuesday.

“enjoyed my time in Spain”

The former Real Madrid midfielder arrived in Manchester late last night and was seen then roll in on United’s Carrington Fitness. Today, he passed the medical and signed a five-year contract.

– I am pleased to have signed for Manchester United. I have enjoyed my time in Spain. Many clubs have pulled me in, but United is the only club I could leave for Real, says di María to United’s website.



The most expensive in history

He is reported to have cost United 59; 7 million pounds, equivalent to SEK 686 million, which by far beats Chelsea rekordköp of Fernando Torres for £ 50 million in 2011. Di María is thus the Premier League’s most expensive acquisitions of all time.

– Angel is a world-class midfielder , but he is above all a team player. There is no doubt that he possesses a great talent, says manager Louis van Gaal.

– He is incredibly fast and has a great left foot, which strikes fear in most defense.

Spanish Marca has published a letter in which di Maria says that he left Real Madrid against their will.

“Sorry, I had to go from the club. I want to clarify that it was never my will, “the letter said.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment